-->

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

e.l.f. Disney Villainous Villains Makeup Book Limited Edition: Review + Swatches

Guess what? I dropped by my nearby Walgreens to look for Wet N Wild Megalast lipsticks but ended up with a delightful surprise. That's right, the limited edition e.l.f. Collections Disney Villainous Villains Makeup Book have made an elusive appearance. I ended up buying all three since I know that they're a most wanted commodity. If I failed to snatch all of em up I know that I would have ended up torturing myself. 

Here's my review and swatches of the glamorously evil palettes.





First up, the Evil Queen - Devious Dramatic Eyes


Once you open the palette you have the magic mirror.


 Flip to the next page and you have 2 looks with step-by-step instructions, one look for daytime and the other for nighttime. 

 Daytime look


 Nighttime look




Here's the swatch



Second is Maleficent - Sinister Smoky Eyes





Daytime look


Nighttime look




Here's the swatch






Lastly, Cruella - Evil Everyday Eyes





 Daytime look


Nighttime look 




Here's the swatch
This is such a pretty palette and the main reason is because I'm in love with neutrals!



REVIEW:

PIGMENTATION:
The shadows have good pigmentation. A few certain shades have less color payoff but its balanced out since a lot of the shades have excellent pigmentation even with just a tiny swipe. The lip & cheek color pencils are stunning and are pigmented. I just wish they were longer cuz the colors are gorgeous!

PRICE:
$9.99 for each palette, so its a great buy for the quality of the cosmetics, the glamorous theme, and packaging.

TEXTURE:

The shadows feel silky and glides like butter. The lip & cheek pencils are soft and creamy. They apply well on the lips although I have yet to try it out on my cheeks.

DURATION OF WEAR:
I experienced minimal fading and no creasing...but that's because I used my Lorac eye primer. I have yet to try out using the e.l.f. eye primer to see how it wears for the day. 



OVERALL:
The palettes are absolutely stunning and well packaged. Each palette is well-thought out and customized for each Disney villain. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

comment